Our 2017 charities are:
Beneficiaries are chosen by a selection committee. The 2016 recipients were:
- The Houston Area Women’s Center Children’s Court Services Program which assists child victims of crime and/or witnesses to crimes and their families as they participate in the criminal justice system;
- The Aid to Victims of Domestic Violence organization which provides legal services to women who have been domestically abused but have little access to information on legal rights or the services of an attorney;
- The Tahirih Justice Project that focuses on helping female immigrants and human trafficking victims seeking justice in the United States from gender-based violence;
- The Family Intervention and Infant Toddler Court which helps families experiencing substance abuse problems work though the legal system with a focus on reuniting families and maintaining the family unit;
- The The Beacon of Downtown Houston d/b/a BEACON LAW that assists clients with housing problems focusing on helping people who are homeless.
- Lone Star Legal Aid Veterans Unit Provides free legal aid to veterans who need assistance.
- South Texas College of Law Houston Legal Clinics provides an array of civil practice clinics serving our community.