Our 2016 charities were:
Beneficiaries are chosen by a selection committee. The 2015 recipients were:
- The Houston Area Women’s Center Children’s Court Services Program which assists child victims of crime and/or witnesses to crimes and their families as they participate in the criminal justice system;
- The Aid to Victims of Domestic Violence organization which provides legal services to women who have been domestically abused but have little access to information on legal rights or the services of an attorney;
- The Tahirih Justice Project that focuses on helping female immigrants and human trafficking victims seeking justice in the United States from gender-based violence;
- The Family Intervention and Infant Toddler Court which helps families experiencing substance abuse problems work though the legal system with a focus on reuniting families and maintaining the family unit;
- The Cathedral Health and Outreach Ministries d/b/a BEACON LAW that assists clients with housing problems focusing on helping people who are homeless.
- Lone Star Legal Aid Veterans Unit Provides free legal aid to veterans who need assistance.